Every now and then I like to eat dips and the great thing about keto is, you can eat most kind of dips. Cheesy, tomatoey, dips made with seafood, and chicken. So basically we have a wide verity of dips and no chip!
There is a wide verity of cheese chips, which is great but it’s just crispy cheese and if you have tried to scoop up some crack chicken with it, you know what I’m talking about. It doesn’t hold, the cheese by itself is too fragile. It also always tastes exactly the same.
So, I’ve experimented with several different ingredients and flavors. Though I had a bunch of messy failures, I have perfected a delicious, crispy, cheesy but in a good way cracker that will stand tall for any dip that you can think of.
This recipe works really well with the seasoning listed but you can also use prepared ranch seasoning or just garlic salt.
Easy Keto Nacho Crackers
- food processor
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons water
- Olive or avocado oil cooking spray to help the seasoning to stick
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Process the almond flour, cheese, nutritional yeast, and water in a food processor until a dough forms. Add more water with teaspoons if it’s too dry.
- Divide the dough into balls and roll between two sheets of parchment paper. Cut into desired shapes using a pizza cutter.
- Microwave in 30 seconds intervals on high for 1-2 minutes. (timing can vary depending on your microwave)
- Remove from the microwave and set aside to cool completely. Cooling is important because it helps with the crisping.
- Add all the seasoning ingredients into a spice grinder or blender and make a fine powder.
- Separate the crackers by breaking at the lines formed with pizza cutter.
- Spray the cooking spray and add the seasoning and mix. Do this in batches so all the crackers eat coated with the seasoning.
- Enjoy right out of the bowl or with a dip.
- You can also season these with just salt, garlic salt or prepared ranch seasoning.