This recipe is something I probably would have never come across If it weren’t for one of my fellow keto buddy Lee Ann Reich, who asked to come up with a ravioli that she used to eat a restaurant a while ago. It’s been closed down and of course it wouldn’t be keto friendly anyway. So this one’s for you Lee Ann, I hope you enjoy it!
The soft pillowy ravioli is filled with smoked salmon and ricotta. The lemon dill cream sauce is just delicious. It is such an amazing combination that it blew my mind when I tasted it.
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill plus more to garnish
- chives to garnish
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Microwave 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese for 2 minutes.
- Mix well and add 2 egg yolks. Mix well until it forms a dough.
- Put the pasta dough between two parchment papers and press with your hands to spread out. You can use a rolling pin to further spread the dough. Make sure to be gentle and not to put any pressure on the dough. So it doesn’t stick to the parchment paper.
- Cut the rolled dough in half using pizza cutter. Cut the one half of the dough further into small squares leaving the the other half untouched.
- Using a small spoon full each square with a small amount on filling. Make sure to bind and use any scraps to make more squares.
- Flip the the other half of the dough onto the filling and gently pull back the parchment paper.
- Press the dough around the filling with your fingers to seal the ravioli.
- Peel the ravioli off of the parchment paper and place onto a cooling rack. Place the rack in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. This is very important part. if you don’t let the ravioli dry completely it will just melt when you cook. So let the ravioli sit on the rack in the refrigerator until dry to touch.
- Heat a large skillet and add the heavy cream, lemon juice salt, and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and add the ravioli.
- Cook for about one minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and add the dill in the pan. Mix and pour the sauce over the ravioli.
- Garnish with more dill and chives.
Dough recipe inspiration credit: https://tasty.co/recipe/2-ingredient-pasta All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.