If you follow me, then there’s one thing you’ve probably noticed: I’m big on flavors – no matter what type of food. Jerk chicken is no exception – so, as usual, this recipe is big and bold in flavor. Don’t worry if you’re not a fan of spice – this recipe is totally adjustable to your palate! If you think habanero or scotch bonnet may be too much for you, go ahead and use a jalapeño – you’ll still get a bit of spice and a lot of flavor.
My favorite part is how quick and easy this is to make. It can easily be a busy weeknight dinner – and it’s always a huge hit in my house. You can grill it, bake it, or air-fry it – usually I like to grill it so I can get that smoky flavor, but it was raining cats and dogs outside so I air-fried it – and in 30 minutes, I was done! The chicken had a beautiful color and it was incredibly juicy and delicious.
Keto Jerk Chicken
- Air Fryer
INGREDIENTS for chicken:
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium habanero or scotch bonnet
- 1 large scallion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 4 lbs chicken legs and thighs or any cut of choice
Cilantro lime sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- salt to taste
METHOD FOR CILANTRO LIME SAUCE:
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and pulse 3-4 times.
METHOD FOR CHICKEN:
- Blend all the ingredients except chicken in a blender to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken in a ziplock bag and marinade at least for 3 hours or overnight for more flavor.
- Discard excess marinade and grill outdoor or bake in the oven at 375° F for. My favorite and easiest way is to use the air fryer. Cook in the air fryer on the chicken setting for 30 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Serve with the cilantro lime sauce and a salad.
One thought on “Keto Jerk Chicken”