Thai cuisine is one of my ALL TIME favorites! All it takes is just a few minutes in the kitchen – and you have a meal that’s savory, sweet and spicy. Ugh, I’m drooling just typing about it.
This recipe is SO easy to make and is packed with flavor and fresh ingredients. Birds’ eye chilies add the heat but if you’re not into that, feel free to adjust the spice level to whatever you’d like! I like my food to be extra, extra spicy (when my eyes, nose, and mouth are watering, it means I’m properly enjoying my food) , so I use around 4 chilies, but you can use one, or none at all! This dish is packed with so much flavor that it’ll still be delicious without them. Thai basil REALLY makes this dish – but it can be hard to find – so you can use regular basil in its place. I would definitely suggest hunting for Thai basil in your local Asian supermarket though – once you try it, you’ll understand what I mean.
I used thinly sliced beef steak here, but you can use chicken, shrimp, tofu, or veggies to make it vegetarian.
Just FYI – if you haven’t cooked with fish sauce before – don’t be put off by the smell or leave it out! It may have a strong smell to it, but it adds SO much flavor and is crucial to this dish (and lots of other Thai food). Trust me – a little bit goes a long way for flavor and it’s so worth it. If you make this recipe – please let me know what you think at the bottom of this page – hearing from you all makes my day!
Keto Thai Chili Basil Beef Noodles
- 12 oz beef steak
- 1 pack miracle noodles
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3 sliced mushrooms
- 1 handful Thai basil
- 3-4 birds’ eye chilies skip for mild
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon golden sweetener
- 2 tablespoons bone broth
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon in a vary hot skillet or wok (pan must be smoking hot).
- Add the thinly sliced beef and stir fry for a minute or just until the beef changes color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in the hot pan and add the mushrooms and peppers. Stir fry for two minutes and add the minced garlic. Stir for 10-15 seconds (do not burn the garlic) just until garlic is fragrant.
- Ad the noodles in the pan and stir fry for one minute.
- Add in the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the sauce starts to get thick, add the beef back into the pan along with the chilies and basil. Mix until the beef is just heated through.
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil and serve immediately!
Rinse them in a colander with cold water. Put them in a bowl of water and microwave for 5 minutes. Drain and wash with cold water again. Drain and dry on a towel. They are ready to add to your favorite recipe now. All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.