There’s nothing like a good teriyaki for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s just so easy to whip up a delicious dinner when you have great teriyaki sauce on hand. But not so easy to find a good teriyaki sauce when you are following a ketogenic is way of life.
Sure you can find sugar free teriyaki sauce in your local super market but most of those sauce are loaded with aspartame & sucralose & a lot of other junk. Sure that’s sugar free but is it keto friendly? No my friends, it maybe low carb, it maybe sugar free but those sweeteners will spike your blood sugar and cause cravings for junk food.
Making your own sauce is however so much easier than you think! You literally need just a handful of ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry. If not order on Amazon because having these must have ingredients will make your life so much tastier.
You can store this sauce in the refrigerator for 4-6 weeks. It works so well as a marinade for steak, salmon, chicken and shrimp. You can toss roasted or air fried chicken wings with this sauce and have delicious teriyaki wings. Possibilities are endless. So go ahead and give this recipe a try!
Keto/ Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer until thick. Store in the fridge. Stays fresh for up to 6 weeks.