This recipe is easy and unbelievably delicious. Takes just a few ingredients and makes an epic surf and turf burrito. I use an egg thin in the middle of the cheese tortilla and makes all the difference when it comes to keeping the burrito together. You can use low carb tortillas if you’re following dirt/lazy keto or low carb diet.
Keto Surf & Turf Burritos
5g Net Carbs per burrito, including the guacamole. Burrito without the guacamole is 415 calories and 3.5 net carbs.
For Carne’ Asada
- 6 oz flank steak
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1.5 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt just a pinch
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tsp swerve
- 1 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- 10 extra large shrimp cleaned, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Burrito
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese 3 oz per cheese tortilla
- 2 egg thins
For the Chipotle Guacamole
- 1 Haas avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 chipotle chopped or jalapeno
- salt & pepper
- Mix all the carne asada ingredients and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp in the avocado oil & add all the spices, mix and thread the shrimp on skewers.
- Skewers just make it easier to grill. Please soak the wooden skewers in water for 10-15 minutes prior to use, if grilling on an outdoor grill.
- Make the guacamole by mixing all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl. Mash the avocado using a potato masher just until smashed. then mix using a spoon. You want to keep the guacamole chunky.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate.
- Heat up an indoor or outdoor grill to high.
- Grill the steak 1-2 minutes per side on high, depending on the thickness. Remove and let it rest.
- Grill the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, remove.
- While the shrimp are on the grill, add cheese to large nonstick skillet and melt the cheese.
- You want to make sure that the cheese doesn't get crispy or you'll end up with a taco.
- Once the cheese starts to brown on the sides and seems set, dab with a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Place the egg thin in the middle and slide the cheese tortilla on to a parchment paper.
- Build your burrito by adding the guac, then carne asada, shrimp and greens.
- Fold the sides and then roll into a burrito. Watching this video is helpful if you have never done this before.
- Roll the burrito in a parchment paper and cut in the middle.
- Serve as is or with sour cream.
Total calories and net carbs above are for the burrito including the guacamole. I have However the guacamole recipe makes 4 servings and you only need 2 servings for this recipe. Save the rest and have it with scrambled eggs the next morning. It is delicious! I’ll add the calories and carbs for just the guacamole here for your convenience. Guacamole: Cals: 96 Total fat: 7.7g Total carbs: 6.2 Fiber: 4.6 Net Carbs: 1.6g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.
Serving: 1burritoFiber: 1.4gCalories: 511kcalFat: 26.1gProtein: 36.3gCarbohydrates: 4.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!