My easy manicotti recipe is the perfect combination of comfort meets low carb. I use Crepini egg wraps to replace the traditional crepes and the result is delicious, light and satisfying manicotti that will amaze anyone.
The recipe halves and doubles easily, and freezes great! By halving I mean that you can make assemble it in two 8×8 dishes and freeze one, just as you would lasagna.
I love adding some ground beef for protein but feel free to use anything you like. Some of the options are cooked shredded chicken, Italian sausage, ground pork, ground turkey. You can make it vegetarian by either not adding anything else to the cheese or add cooked spinach, sautéed peppers, or sautéed mushrooms. No matter how you make it, you’re going to love it.
When I first came across the Cripini wraps I wasn’t a fan. I don’t prefer them as a wrap, I found the texture to be really weird. But I had a lot of them so I experimented with them and fell in love! They’re really convenient and so versatile (no I am not being paid by Crepini). I get mine from Costco and they come in a pack of 14. They’re the perfect size for making the crepe manicotti. So I made this into 7 servings, 2 per serving but they’re super filling. You can adjust the servings to your preference (I eat a lot lol).
I hope you guys make and enjoy this recipe. If you do, please leave a review of your experience. To follow me on Facebook click here https://www.facebook.com/ketowithmonah/
Keto Beef Crepe Manicotti
- casserole dish https://amzn.to/3bMQf3d
- 2 tbsp olive oil https://amzn.to/3qVyepE
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 lbs ground beef
- Himalayan salt to taste https://amzn.to/3bI5EBL
- pepper https://amzn.to/37Rn5im
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes divided, optional
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded & divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 lg egg beaten
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 cups marinara Rao's or homemade, https://amzn.to/3dQhpZv
- 14 pcs egg wraps Crepini cauliflower egg wraps, widely sold at Costco, Walmart& Aldi etc. One pack has 14 pcs
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a pan.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and break it up using a wooden spatula.
- Season with salt, pepper flakes and black pepper, cook until browned.
- Once browned, drain the fat out of the ground beef and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, chopped garlic, parsley, egg, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Add the cooled ground beef and mix until everything is incorporated well.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the bottom of your casserole dish and 1 cup of marinate sauce. Spread it all over the dish.
- Fill the egg thins with some of the filling, roll and place in the prepared casserole dish. Once you have all of them in the casserole, top with the rest of marinara, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad.