Super easy and delicious Honey Garlic Chicken, that’s low carb, keto friendly, sugar-free and gluten-free.
Ready in under 30 minutes and packed with flavor.
This Honey Garlic Chicken is one my most favorite recipes ever! Why? Because it’s super simple and extremely addictive. You just can’t beat simple. So, if you’re new to keto, low carb or gluten-free cooking, this Keto Honey Garlic Chicken is probably a good recipe to start with because it’s so simple and I promise you’re going to love it.
This super easy recipe can be made using chicken breast or boneless thighs, but I prefer boneless thighs because they stay juicy and tender. If you’re using chicken breasts, I suggest pounding them thin so that the chicken is same thickness all over. And skip the chicken broth in the sauce, because chicken breast cooks faster and you don’t want to dry it out.
I like to remove the excess fat from the pan, add in the sauce and let the chicken cook while the sauce thickens. This will ensure that the chicken stays juicy. I love serving this chicken over a bed of cauliflower rice, and steamed broccoli.
Keto/ Low Carb/ Gluten-Free Honey Garlic Chicken
For the chicken
- 1 lbs boneless skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Himalayan salt to taste https://amzn.to/2K9LzdP
- pepper https://amzn.to/3qkjgZL
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth https://amzn.to/3bxx6Ue
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos tamari for gluten-free or low sodium soy sauce https://amzn.to/2Liv3cd https://amzn.to/38CmKR3 https://amzn.to/3qgIIPO
- 4 tbsp sugar free honey substitute https://amzn.to/39vhCNU
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger https://amzn.to/3snhPLJ
- 1/2 tsp pepper https://amzn.to/3qkjgZL
- 1 scallion greens and whites divided. Use the white parts for sauce and the green parts for garnishing
- 1/ tsp sesame seeds https://amzn.to/35ATLvd
- Season the skin side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Place the chicken skin side down and cook until browned and skin is crispy.
- Season the other side of the chicken.
- Turn the chicken and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all the sauce ingredients with the whites of the scallion in a bowl.
- Remove the excess fat from the pan.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Garnish with greens of the scallions.
- Remove the chicken from the pan on to a cutting board, slice into bite sized pieces.
- Serve with pan juices and on cauliflower rice with steamed broccoli.