These muffins have an abundance of cranberries in every soft, buttery bite. Paired with a bright zest of orange and sliced almonds to add a perfect crunch. Perfect for breakfast, brunch for Christmas or the holidays. With just 126 calories and less than 1g net carbs, these are a winner!
It’s officially cranberry season and I couldn’t be happier. These Keto Cranberry Orange Muffins are bringing all the cozy, homey, holiday-feels. Quick breads and muffins are great for this time of year. They come together fast, the flavor possibilities are endless, and they are perfect alongside a cup of hot coffee or tea.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! These Keto/ Low Carb/ Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange muffins are easy to make… really easy. I like to make these around the holidays when bakery muffins are common in my kitchen. This happens to be one of most favorite flavors of muffins. They will be the perfect addition to your morning routine or for a fun afternoon snack. Either way, I’m sure you and your family will love them.
Keto/ Low Carb/ Gluten-Free Cranberry orange Muffins
- Stand mixer https://amzn.to/39qrCcP
- muffin tin https://amzn.to/2VgkXtw
- cookie scooper https://amzn.to/3fLoppr
- cupcake liners https://amzn.to/2JsGAEf
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange extract like this https://amzn.to/2JlsvJ4
- 1/2 tsp orange zest freshly grated
- 1 cup almond flour like this https://amzn.to/36iE50p
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp lupin flour like this https://amzn.to/2JlrGjs
- 1 cup granulated sweetener like this https://amzn.to/3mow93u
- 1/4 cup golden sweetener like this https://amzn.to/36fqRRV
- 1 tsp baking powder https://amzn.to/2Jg2FpS
- 1/4 tsp salt https://amzn.to/2JlYCYU
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds https://amzn.to/3fNCti8
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries save 1/4 cup for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Add almond flour, lupin flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl, whisk everything together and set aside.
- Add softened cream cheese, butter, and both sweeteners in to a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat until the mixture turns pale, about 8 minutes, scrapping the sides every two minutes.
- Add and beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Scrape the sides after adding each egg.
- Add the orange extract and zest. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix for one minute.
- Mix the cranberries and 1 tablespoon lupin flour.
- Gently fold in the cranberries in the muffin batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in to the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
- Store the muffins in the fridge or freeze individually.
- Best when served warm.