4 different variations of baked wings with delicious sauces to please all pallets.
What’s better than wings for a low carb/ keto meal? Honestly, chicken wings are one of my go to’s as weeknight dinner because everyone in family enjoys them so much. I actually go through at least 40 lbs of chicken wings a month, I get them from restaurant supply and that makes it a lot easier on the wallet.
Living in New York I’ve had all types of chicken wings. There are so many flavors to choose from when you’re eating a standard diet. Not too many when you’re trying to cut out sugar. You can only eat so much plain or garlic parmesan wings.
I have been ketofying a lot of my favorite wing recipes that I can’t eat anymore. These are just4 variations. I will add more recipes in the coming months but for now, enjoy these.
I love love love Korean Fried Chicken but using gochujong is big no no, so I’ve created this sauce that mimics that sweet and spicy flavor that Korean fried chicken has. You can use less sriracha for milder flavor.
One of my most favorite flavors is Maple Chipotle. Nothing beats the sweet, smokey and sticky flavor of this sauce. I use Choc Zero maple syrup https://amzn.to/3nrcP5z and Primal Kitchen sugar free ketchup https://amzn.to/3ksTleR you can use any brand you like but these are my favorite.
Lemon Pepper is super simple but absolutely delicious. This one is actually my little one’s favorite because she likes her food milder unless it’s super authentic food.
Ok, just think about this combination. Honey, butter, garlic, & coconut aminos/ soy sauce. Heavenly!!!! I can eat sweet, savory, garlicky & stick wings all day everyday! I like using this honey substitute https://amzn.to/38KxCgw
Keto baked Wings, Lemon pepper, Honey Garlic Butter, Korean Style, Maple Chipotle
- Baking sheets with racks https://amzn.to/2IucWPb
For the wings
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 2 tsp baking powder this makes wings extra crispy https://amzn.to/3nkXNOA
- 1/4 tsp salt https://amzn.to/3lylDpP
- 1/4 tsp pepper https://amzn.to/32JVhK5
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning according to your taste https://amzn.to/32Ms3dA
Korean Style Sauce
- 1 tbsp golden sweetener https://amzn.to/32KJr2i
- 1 tbsp sriracha https://amzn.to/2Iu26Zv
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce https://amzn.to/38Knzru
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds https://amzn.to/3njBatY
Honey Garlic Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp golden sweetener https://amzn.to/32KJr2i
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce https://amzn.to/38Knzru
- 2 tsp sugar free honey substitute https://amzn.to/38KxCgw
Maple Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar free ketchup https://amzn.to/3ksTleR
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup https://amzn.to/3nrcP5z
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar https://amzn.to/32GxpqL
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper https://amzn.to/3niaB8C
- 1/4 tsp onion powder https://amzn.to/2IALpv4
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder https://amzn.to/36BiQ99
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard https://amzn.to/36DxVqI
To make the wings
- Preheat the oven to 250 F
- Prepare a rimmed baking tray by lining it with foil and place a wire rack on it, set aside.
- Dry the wings using paper towels.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt, pepper & baking soda.
- Toss and arrange on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake the wings at 250 F for 35 minutes, this really helps crisp up the skin to mimic that “fried” crunch.
- Crank up the temperature to 400 F after 35 minutes.
- Bake for additional 40-45 minutes or until the wings are golden and crispy.
- You can also bake the wings for 25-30 minutes if you're short on time.
To make the Lemon Pepper Version
- Melt the butter in a bowl and whisk in the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add the wings in the bowl and toss until coated.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
To make the Honey Garlic Butter Version
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the garlic and saute for a minute, you want to get a little color on the garlic but not burn it.
- Add the golden sweetener, coconut aminos, and honey substitute.
- Cook until the sauce gets thick.
- Add the wings and coat the wings.
- Serve immediately!
To make the Korean Version
- Add the sweetener, sriracha, coconut aminos, & garlic into a skillet.
- The sauce will get thick really quickly.
- Add the wings, toss, & serve immediately!
To make the Maple Chipotle version
- Add sugar free ketchup, sugar free maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, chipotle pepper, dry mustard, onion powder and garlic powder to a skillet.
- Sauce will come together really quickly.
- Add the wings and toss/ coat in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.