These Luscious & decadent Chocolate lava cakes for two bake up as tender delicious cakes with an oozing chocolate center! Made with sugar-free chocolate, these cakes are moist and delicious. Perfect for a special occasion dessert, say Valentine’s Day.
Looking to make your loved one feel a little extra special this Valentine’s Day without breaking out of ketosis? These Sugar-free Lava Cakes “For Two” is the way to go! Trust me on this one guys. Lava cakes seem to be a complicated dessert but they are so easy to make.
I start with preheating the oven to 400°F. This is important. So you put the cakes in a hot oven and then lower temperature to 350°F. Trust me it just works! Then I move on to melting the chocolate chips (Lilly’s dark baking chips are my favorite) and butter together in the microwave. You want to keep a close eye on this as chocolate can burn in seconds. It should take about a minute for the chocolate chips to be warm enough to smoothly melt when mixed. Do this in 30 second increments. Stir using a silicone spatula until its smooth, add vanilla and set aside.
Next whisk the egg using an electric mixer until it turns pale and fluffy. I use a small amount of oat fiber, it really helps to stabilize the cake. You can skip it if you don’t have any. Make sure to SIFT the oat fiber on to of the whisked egg. Then add the chocolate batter and GENTLY fold everything together.
Spray two ramekins with olive oil spray or grease them with softened butter. Add the batter and smooth the tops. I turn the oven temperature down to 350° F as soon as I put the cakes for baking. Hot temperature create t a crust while the cakes quickly bake while the temperature is lowering. This just works. So go on and make this delicious dessert for you and your sweetheart. And enjoy a guilt-free Valentine’s Day dessert.
KETO/ LOW CARB LAVA CAKE FOR TWO
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn. You shouldn’t need more than a minute depending on the power of your microwave.
- Mix the butter and chocolate using a spatula, chocolate will continue to melt as you do this.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth and set aside.
- Beat one egg with an electric mixer until fluffy, pale and it has tripled in size, about 2-3 minutes. Sift in the oat fiber.
- Pour the chocolate batter on top of the oat fiber and fold gently with a spatula to combine, until the batter is smooth. Folding the batter is crucial, if you whisk it the egg will deflate and become spongy.
- Spray 2 ramekins with the avocado oil spray or grease with butter. Pour the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 350°F .
- Set a timer for 7-9 minutes. The lava cakes will be done just as the surface begins to crack, do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite low carb, sugar free ice cream (I love Rebel salted caramel flavor with this), or whipped cream.