This keto/ Low Carb Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup is a fiesta of flavors full of shredded chicken, bell pepper, jalapeños, and diced tomatoes, for a complete satisfying and comforting bowl of soup to warm your soul on a cold night, without the overload of carbs.
I like my chicken enchilada soup nice and thick, so I only added 2 cup s of bone broth. If you find it’s a bit too thick for your taste, just add a bit more bone broth, until you get the desired consistency.
This chicken enchilada soup recipe is made on the stovetop but you can make it in the a slow cooker as well. I use pre made bone broth and pre cooked chicken. That makes it so easy and quick. To make it in the slow cooker, just add all the ingredients except the heavy cream and cheese. in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. You can even use raw chicken and shred it before serving. Add the heavy cream and cheese at the end and serve.
I like to top my soup with a lot of fresh vegetables as toppings. I love chopped avocado, sliced jalapeño, fresh chopped cilantro, greens of scallions, lime wedges, extra cheese and sour cream. Please note that toppings are not included in the nutritional values.
Keto Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- dutch oven https://amzn.to/39bzBcd
- whisk https://amzn.to/3nr8eA6
- wooden spoon https://amzn.to/2XqW1R2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil https://amzn.to/3q2yh1Y
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups broth https://amzn.to/3on129j
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano https://amzn.to/3ntV45f
- 1/2 tsp chili powder https://amzn.to/2XpJk9s
- 1/2 tsp cumin https://amzn.to/3hSEGKu
- 1/2 tsp paprika https://amzn.to/3hUUVXm
- Himalayan salt to taste, https://amzn.to/3hW932w
- 1/4 tsp pepper https://amzn.to/2Xmcbvl
- 1 lbs chicken thighs or breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese shredded
- sliced jalapeños
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a Dutch oven.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños. Sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cream cheese and spices.
- Whisk until cream cheese is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the cooked and shredded chicken and heavy cream and cook just until heated through.
- Gently stir in the shredded cheese.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.