My savory and delicious Garlic Smashed Brussels Sprouts are seasoned to absolute perfection. They are a perfect side dish for any occasion, even the pickiest eaters love these!
How do you feel about Brussels sprouts? Do you love them, or hate them? Brussels sprouts are healthy and delicious. They are part of the cruciferous family of vegetables, which also includes cauliflower, cabbage, kale, bok choy, and broccoli. Roasting Brussels sprouts is a delicious way to enjoy them and draw out their natural flavor just perfectly, but I like to take it a step further and boil, season and then roast them.
My kids haven’t always liked Brussel sprouts, but now they can’t get enough of this nutritious veggie! They’re fresh and healthy, but still hearty. I like to serve them alongside steak, roasted chicken, and baked salmon, but they pair well with all sorts of proteins. In my opinion, the key to loving Brussels sprouts is preparing them the right way. They turn out perfectly crispy on the outside, with a Melt-In-Your-Mouth center. They are so delicious making them one of our favorite side dishes.
Garlic Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking tray with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Add water to a Dutch oven and add about 1 tsp salt.
- Once the water boils, add the cleaned Brussels sprouts.
- Boil for 10 minutes, drain and add them to an ice bath.
- While the Brussels sprouts cool, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain and add the Brussels sprouts to the bowl and mix until the sprouts are coated with the marinade.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts onto the prepared baking pan and smash them using the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and more cheese if you like.