Get a serving of veggies with this tasty Chinese Fried Cabbage recipe, that’s tender crisp, sweet and salty. So easy to make and such a delightful way to eat cabbage, this will become your new favorite side in under 15 minutes.
A quick side dish or light lunch, this Chinese Fried Cabbage recipe is a tasty cabbage stir fry loaded with crispy bacon and the perfect combination of sweet and savory seasonings. If you thought cabbage was boring, I am about your mind because you’ve never tried this Chinese fried cabbage with bacon recipe.
Why is this fried cabbage recipes this one is my favorites? It’s easy to make, requires very few ingredients, and packs quite a bit of flavor with each and every bite. Chinese Fried Cabbage is a simple, delicious recipe that makes the perfect side dish for any meal. Made with just a handful of ingredients, it’s easy to make and packed with the most amazing flavor. The combination of sweet, tender cabbage and salty, fried bacon is simply mouthwatering. It’s one of those dishes you can’t stop eating, and since it’s so easy, you don’t even have to!
This is one of the most important tips. Cook the cabbage on high heat, this will prevent your cabbage to become too soft. You want the cabbage to be tender crisp. after adding the sauce, don’t cook the cabbage for more than 30 seconds.
Do not brown the garlic. as soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the cabbage. Garlic will still continue to cook with the cabbage and if you brown it first, it’ll get bitter.
I love using liquid Allulose for this recipe because it’s lightly sweetened, so it it enhances the flavor of cabbage instead of making it too sweet. This is the one I use https://amzn.to/3kZFYow If you don’t have the liquid Allulose, you can use the powdered sweetener of choice or even sugar free maple syrup. Just use half of the quantity the recipe calls for.
Use more BACON! If you are not watching your calories, double the bacon. It’s only going to taste better. Also you’ll notice that I don’t add any salt to the recipe. That’s because between the bacon and coconut aminos/ soy sauce, it’s salty enough for me. But please taste and adjust salt to your taste.
Keto Chinese Fried Cabbage
- deep skillet, this one is similar to the one i use https://amzn.to/3t5ExYj
- 8 oz natural bacon You can double this if you're not watching your calories
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 lbs cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 whole red peppers or 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce, https://amzn.to/3l0LTd3
- 1 tbsp allulose or any sweetener of choice. I use this https://amzn.to/3t8QNHQ
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add the water and bacon to a hot wok.
- Cook until all the fat renders and bacon becomes crispy.
- Meanwhile chop the cabbage into big chunks, and slice the garlic.
- Remove the bacon from the wok when it’s crispy and set it aside. Keep the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the whole red pepper and garlic to the bacon grease and cook for just a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry on high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure not to over cook the cabbage.
- Mix the coconut aminos, allulose and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce and bacon in to the wok. Cool for about 30 seconds and serve immediately.