Super simple one pan breakfast prepared in a skillet. This delicious low carb brunch dish starts with super crispy shredded Brussels sprouts, radishes, crispy bacon seasoned to perfection and is finished off with eggs, all in one pan.
I love an easy and delicious breakfast hash for Sunday brunch, and I have to admit that I haven’t made it in a while, because this is one of those things where I say, if I can’t eat potatoes and I’m not making it for the rest of the family either lol. So A few months ago I was on Facebook and a very nice woman suggested that I try using Brussels sprouts and let me tell you something, this woman deserves an award!! I wish I remembered where that post was, because I would love to thank her for the inspiration. I didn’t make it at that time but I did make it. It is so easy and absolutely delicious!
I like to shred the Brussels sprouts and the radishes together, and cook them on high heat. High heat will keep them from getting soggy and make them crispy. Whisk is exactly what I’m looking for in hash.
I just love the flavor bacon brings to this recipe but it can be made without the bacon. Use coconut oil, ghee or avocado oil because you’ll be cooking on high heat. It’s still delicious and nutritious.
Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Hash
- Skillet https://amzn.to/39x43hT
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts shredded
- 4 radishes shredded
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 eggs
- scallions and pepper to garnish optional
- Add the water to a hot skillet along with the chopped bacon.
- Cook until the water evaporates and the bacon becomes crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, shred the Brussels sprouts and radishes.
- Once the bacon is crispy, remove it from the pan and set it aside, keep the bacon grease.
- For the vegetarian version skip the bacon part and start with ghee or avocado oil.
- Add the shredded vegetables to the skillet with the grease and cook the vegetables on high heat.
- High heat is very important to keep the vegetables tender crisp and not soggy.
- The Brussels sprouts will cook down and start to turn brown. (Watch the short video for full instructions)
- Once you’re at this point, add the bacon back in the pan, keeping about a tablespoon for garnish.
- Mix, then make 4 “nests” in the pan for the eggs and lower the heat.
- Crack and egg in each of the nests, cover the skillet on low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with the rest of the bacon, scallions and pepper.