If you haven’t tried this trendy recipe, then you are missing out! Simple easy and absolutely delicious.
So I have been seeing this TikTok that went viral of a pasta bake made with feta. At first I was like “whatever” but it is crazy how many people are trying and raving about it. So I gave in and tried it. Or should I say “ketofied”. And let me tell YA’LL, I have converted. This sh** is beyond delicious. It’s heavenly, I mean i wanna kiss the hands of the person that invented this recipe!!!
So what did I use to replace the pasta? Well Cauliflower of course! Wait wait, don’t run away, because I promise you that once you try it, you will love it! just make sure to follow thw recipe instruction to preapare the I mean have I ever steered you wrong? Anyways, back to the replacement for pasta. I also used some chicken to make it a meal. I felt like it would just be a side and adding chicken made it in to a delicious meal.
The recipe on TikTok uses a lot of oil, I mean people just keep pouring and pouring. But I kept the oil in check, so I can control the calories. If you like adding the extra oil, you certainly can but it tasted great with just 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I baked the chicken in a separate sheet pan along with the tomatoes and feta.
Famous TikTok Feta Pasta “Ketofied”
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tblsp olive oil 2 for tomatoes & 1 for chicken
- 7 oz feta cheese
- 1 lbs cauliflower
- 1 lbs chicken breast you can use leftover rotisserie chicken as well
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes use less or more, to your liking
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Turn your oven on to 400° F.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to a casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil, mix and move the tomatoes over to the side to make room for the block of feta.
- Add the block of feta to the middle of the dish.
- Sprinkle the pepper flakes and Italian seasoning . You can be generous with olive oil if you are not counting calories.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add one tablespoon of olive oil. Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes while the tomatoes are baking.
- Meanwhile boil a pot of water.
- Add chopped up cauliflower and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked cauliflower to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain the cauliflower and squeeze out all the liquid using a towel. I highly suggest watching the video.
- Do not skip this step, it will ensure that the cauliflower flavor doesn’t take over the whole dish, TRUST ME!
- Remove the chicken from the oven and shred into chunks using forks.
- Once the tomatoes have burst and the cheese is lightly brown, takes about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Remove the garlic peels and and break and mix cheese and tomatoes until it resembles a sauce.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken, and fresh basil. Mix everything together and enjoy.