I love Campbells cream of chicken soup, not to have it as soup but to add it into my casseroles, throw it on top of chicken thighs and some onions and bake. It always has been an easy go to. But I had to break up with Campbells after I was diagnosed with Gluten intolerance. As a working mother, I relied on a lot of pre made stuff. Don’t get me wrong here, I cooked almost 90% of the times but I used to rely on a lot of quick fixes I guess.
So of course I had to make my own. It is probably the most easiest thing I’ve ever made! It’s so simple, yet so tasty that I can eat it with a spoon. The amount of Xanthan gum that I add in this recipe works really well. I make a batch and store it in mason jars it in the fridge, and Xanthan gum will thicken up more as it sits in the fridge.
Keto/ Low carb/ Gluten Free Cream of Chicken soup
- dutch oven
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, parsly and xanthan gum to a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil while whisking.
- Once the soup is thickened, add the heavy cream and remove from hrat.
- Store in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- Can be frozen without adding the cream.
One thought on “Keto/ Low Carb/ Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup”