This chicken casserole is the perfect way to use up leftover or chicken, or a Rotisserie chicken for a quick & easy dinner recipe. This chicken casserole takes just 10 minutes to prep, its packed with cheesy Tex-Mex flavors, and is an easy meal prep idea or weeknight dinner.
I am a big believer in easy casseroles. Maybe because they are so effcient (everything in one place), maybe because you can pretty much add any kind of meat and top any casserole with cheese…whatever the reason is, I am onboard with a casserole recipe. AND if you can somehow get Tex-Mex flavors in there as well, it’s basically the perfect meal!
I use Cream of Chicken soup in this casserole. I make my soup and always keep it in my fridge for an easy grab and create kind of thing. Click on this link for the easy recipe. https://ketowithmona.com/2020/10/30/keto-low-carb-gluten-free-cream-of-chicken-soup/
Keto/ Low Carb Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped. I like to use tri color because it looks pretty
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup click on this link for recipe https://ketowithmona.com/2020/10/30/keto-low-carb-gluten-free-cream-of-chicken-soup/
- 1 can tomatoes & pepper Ro-Tel
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 4 cups cooked & shredded chicken I like to use rotisserie for a quick meal
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning use less or more to your liking. Click on this link for my easy taco seasoning recipe https://ketowithmona.com/2020/10/26/keto-low-carb-taco-seasoning/
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese freshly shredded
- cooking spray to prevent sticking
- peppers and cilantro for garnish
- Pre heat your oven to 350 F.Melt butter in a pot.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the peppers and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- Turn the flame off.
- Add the rest of the ingredients reserving 1 cup of cheese and mix until everything is well combined.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add all the mixture in to the dish and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with peppers and cilantro.