These keto/ low carb pretzel bites 4 ways are the perfect game day appetizer! You won’t believe how easy these are to make. Always a big crowd pleaser and gone in minutes!
Everyone has their favorite snack foods when it comes to watching sports. When I think about the snacks I associate with sporting events, hot dogs, popcorn and soft pretzels are high up on the list. Giant size soft pretzels are great, but for me, they are a large snack. Eat a single soft pretzel and you may be too full to try the other foods available. I need more than one kind of snacks. That’s where my keto/ low carb pretzel bites come in. I like to make a verity of flavors to please everyone’s palette. All the goodness of soft pretzels we loved, without the overload of carbs, sugar, and guilt.
You will realize how easy it is to make keto soft pretzels at home. Make your own Copycat Auntie Anne’s right inside your kitchen with my easy fat head dough recipe, with jut two ingredients. Make the soft pretzel dough, roll, cut, and bake. Make the easy dipping sauces while they bake and you’re ready to party in no time. These pretzel bites are out of control delicious.
Although making pretzels may seem intimidating, it doesn’t have to be! These keto easy pretzel bites are a great starting point for beginners because they don’t need to rise, there’s no bathing in a brine involved, and are baked in under an hour. They are definitely worth giving a try!
Keto Copycat Auntie Anne’s Pretzel Bites, 4 ways.
Ingredients for Pretzels
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups almond flaour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg + 1 egg for brushing the tops
- Pretzel salt or sea salt
- 1 chopped jalapeno if making the jalapeno version
Ingredients for cheese sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar I like to mix yellow and white
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tbsp hot sauce I like Frank’s Red Hot. You can skip or use less if you prefer.
Ingredients for making the Garlic & Parmesan topping.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients for making the Cinnamon Sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
To make the pretzel bites.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese together in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add the almond flour, 1 egg, yeast, sweetener, and baking powder. Mix everything together using a hand or stand mixer using the dough hook.
- Dump the dough out onto a parchment paper.
- Cut into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a log, cut and place on to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pretzel bites turn golden.
- Serve with your choice of sauce.
To make the jalpeno version
- Just add one chopped jalapeno in the dough and mix.
- Follow the instructions above and do not use the salt.
- Bake & serve with the cheese sauce, if preferred.
To make the Garlic & Parmesan version
- Bake the pretzel bites as instructed above.
- Melt the butter, add granulated garlic & herbs, stir.
- Pour the mixture over the pretzel bites & toss.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese, toss, and serve.
To make the Cinnamon “sugar” version.
- Toss the pretzel bites in melted butter.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon, pour over the pretzels, toss, and serve with the cream cheese frosting.
To make the cream cheese frosting
- Whisk the softened cream cheese, sweetener and heavy cream.
- once everything is mixed well, add the vanilla extract. Mix it in and serve
To make the cheese sauce.
- Heat the heavy cream in a pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Slowly add the shredded cheese and melt before adding more.
- Once all the cheese is melted, add pepper and hot sauce. Stir and serve.
- Note that cheese sauce thickens as it cools.