Keto Arroz Con Pollo
6g Net Carbs
- 4 pieces chicken legs & thighs or any cut of choice
- 1/2 tsp adobo
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1 scallion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Sazon optional, I mainly use it for color but isn't necessary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb cauliflower rice
- 1 cup water
- Spanish olives cilantro, and bell pepper, for garnish optional
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a large skillet.
- Season the chicken with adobo & fry both sides until light golden.
- While the chicken is browning, add onion, garlic, bell pepper, scallion, cilantro , and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a food processor and blend to make sofrito.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the sofrito to the pan and saute for two minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix.
- Add all the spices, chicken broth and bay leaf.
- Mix in the Sazon if using. I just like to use it for color and it’s totally optional.
- Add the chicken back in the pan, top with chopped tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Mix the cauliflower rice and water. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Cool under cold running water in a colander.
- Squeeze out all the moisture out of the cauliflower rice using a kitchen towel. This gets rid of the “cauliflower taste” so it’s a crucial step.
- Flip the chicken and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken, taste and adjust salt. Add the cauliflower rice in the pan, mix and add the chicken on top.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Garnish with Spanish olives, cilantro, and red bell pepper.
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.
Serving: 1/4 recipeCalories: 201kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 24.5gFat: 7.2gFiber: 3.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!