I’m sure we all have had a good pasta with pesto and chicken. This recipe is so quick, easy to make and delicious. You can make pesto using my recipe for pecan pesto. It’s lower in carbs than regular pesto and absolutely delicious. Heres the link for the pesto recipe.
You can use any pesto you like, just be mindful that jay carb count will change. This recipe comes together in 15 minutes. Start with the chicken and make the zoodles while the chicken is sautéing. Don’t cook the zucchini noodles because they will get soggy and watery. Turn the stove off as soon as you add the noodles.
When looking at the net carbs, keep in mind that zucchini has carbs but that’s not bad carbs. This is a one pan meal that’s going to be one of your favorite easy go to complete meals.
Keto Pesto Chicken Zoodles
- 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pan, season with salt and pepper. Sauté the chicken until lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan add the pesto, cream cheese and heavy cream. Cook on low heat until the cream cheese melts and the sauce has a creamy consistency.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and taste. Adjust salt if needed.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and let the sauce come to a boil.
- Add in the zoodles and turn the stove off. You just want to heat the zoodles and not cook them because they come soggy and that’s just not a good thing.
- Garnish with more Parmesan.