One of my most favorite cuisines is Thai food. Most people feel that it’s complicated to make Thai food and that’s somewhat true. But there are a lot of recipes that are super easy to make and really delicious.
this recipe is so easy and so fun to make. Loved by kids and adults because it isn’t spicy but is so flavorful. Great finger food to take to your next potluck. It can be enjoyed hot or at room temperature.
Serve with my keto sweet chili sauce and you are going to be in love. The net carbs that I calculated come to 3g because I counted the 1 cup of almond flour but you don’t use the whole cup when making them. But you need the flour to easily roll the shrimp cakes. So the actual carbs maybe less than the count you see here. See recipe notes for air fryer instructions.
Keto Thai Shrimp Cakes
- 1 lb cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 3 tablespoons cilantro including the roots if possible
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut oil or any other high temperature oil for frying
- Add the shrimp, cilantro, garlic, salt, white pepper, and baking powder to a food processor. Process into a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Using the paste make balls with a small ice cream scoop and coat them in almond flour, and make them into small patties.
- Fry them until they are lightly golden and serve them with my Keto Sweet Chili Sauce. https://ketowithmona.com/2020/09/08/keto-sweet-chili-sauce/