My ultimate favorite food is spicy food. So I’m always drawn to Asian food naturally. I love the savory and spicy blend. My keto Thai grilled Chicken sandwich has all the flavor and none of the guilt. It’s got savory, sweet, tangy, crunchy & a hint of spicy flavors. Feel free to leave out the birds’ eye chili or replace it with 1/4 seeded jalapeño if you like a milder flavor.
Keto Thai Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Net Carbs 4g for chicken & slaw. If you use the keto bread recipe buns on my website that are 2g Net Carbs, Then total will 6 Net carbs. You can however use any keto bread and add on the carbs.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cilantro
INGREDIENTS FOR COLESLAW:
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 birds’ eye chili
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 Keto buns
- butter to toast buns
- mayonnaise to serve
- lettuce to serve
- tomato slices
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Pound the garlic & cilantro in a mortar and pestle into a smooth paste.
- Add the paste & fish sauce to the chicken thighs.
- Mix well, cover with plastic wrap & set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes or even a couple of hours.
- Prepare the coleslaw while the chicken marinates. Slice the cabbage thinly and set aside.
- Use the mortar & pestle to pound the garlic & chili to a paste, add peanuts and turn it into a rough paste.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice & sweetener. Do not mix the dressing & cabbage until you are ready to serve, to prevent wilting.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat up a cast iron or a nonstick pan. Add about 1/2 tbsp avocado oil.
- Place the chicken pieces into the hot pan and sear for a couple of minutes until the chicken gets a nice golden color.
- Turn the chicken pieces and sear the other side for another two minutes.
- Turn the heat low and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink. Alternately you can grill the chicken on an outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken from the pan & let it rest while you get everything else ready
- Butter the keto buns (recipe easy keto bread) & toast them.
- Mix the cabbage and dressing to make coleslaw.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the toasted buns, assemble chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and coleslaw. Sprinkle cilantro and devour.
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.
Serving: 1sandwichFiber: 1.7gCalories: 206kcalFat: 3.8gProtein: 33.6gCarbohydrates: 5.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!