My ultimate favorite food is spicy food. So I’m always drawn to Asian food naturally. I love the savory and spicy blend. My keto Thai grilled Chicken sandwich has all the flavor and none of the guilt. It’s got savory, sweet, tangy, crunchy & a hint of spicy flavors. Feel free to leave out the birds’ eye chili or replace it with 1/4 seeded jalapeño if you like a milder flavor.
Keto Thai Grilled Chicken Sandwich
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cilantro
INGREDIENTS FOR COLESLAW:
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 birds’ eye chili
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 Keto buns
- butter to toast buns
- mayonnaise to serve
- lettuce to serve
- tomato slices
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Pound the garlic & cilantro in a mortar and pestle into a smooth paste.
- Add the paste & fish sauce to the chicken thighs.
- Mix well, cover with plastic wrap & set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes or even a couple of hours.
- Prepare the coleslaw while the chicken marinates. Slice the cabbage thinly and set aside.
- Use the mortar & pestle to pound the garlic & chili to a paste, add peanuts and turn it into a rough paste.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice & sweetener. Do not mix the dressing & cabbage until you are ready to serve, to prevent wilting.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat up a cast iron or a nonstick pan. Add about 1/2 tbsp avocado oil.
- Place the chicken pieces into the hot pan and sear for a couple of minutes until the chicken gets a nice golden color.
- Turn the chicken pieces and sear the other side for another two minutes.
- Turn the heat low and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink. Alternately you can grill the chicken on an outdoor grill.
- Remove the chicken from the pan & let it rest while you get everything else ready
- Butter the keto buns (recipe easy keto bread) & toast them.
- Mix the cabbage and dressing to make coleslaw.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the toasted buns, assemble chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and coleslaw. Sprinkle cilantro and devour.