The ever so delicious, a must for dipping all kinds of Asian goodies, sweet chili sauce. You can make sticky Thai chili wings or coat chicken and shrimp skewers with it. So many ways to enjoy it. Unfortunately it’s another thing that’s loaded with sugar and high in carbs. There are a couple of brands that sell sugar free sweet chili but they use non keto sweeteners that can spike blood sugar. Fortunately it’s so easy to make this sauce at home. It takes 5 minutes and you have a perfect condiment that’s sugar free and guilt free. Any time I’m making a sauce I prefer using Xylitol because it doesn’t crystallize but it can be harmful to pets. So please if you have pets you can use any other sweetener and if it crystallizes then just heat up in the microwave for just a few seconds and it returns to saucy consistency. Now make this delicious sauce and dip away.
Keto/ Sugar Free Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white or rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sweetner preferably Xylitol you can use any other sweetener if you have pets. Swerve & monk fruit work well.
- 2 tablespoons sambal olek chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Mix water, vinegar, sweetener and chili paste in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and add the xanthan gum.
- Whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Cool completely and store in a glass jar or bottle in the fridge.
3 thoughts on “Keto Sweet Chili Sauce”
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Something super simple to make, with ingredients I already had on hand and very tasty!
Thank you! I am glad you liked it.