Pesto is definitely one of those sauces that doesn’t need to be ketofied because it uses keto friendly ingredients. This recipe came to me when I had way too much basil from my garden and no pine nuts at home.
So I replaced the pine nuts for pecans in my recipe and pecan pesto became my favorite. An amazing thing about this version of pesto is that the carb count dropped incredibly because pine nuts are higher in carbs than pecans.
It takes literally five minutes to make and makes so many delicious dishes. It keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 weeks so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it.
Keto Pecan Pesto
- food processor
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 packed cups fresh basil
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grate the garlic. Add all the ingredients in to avoid processor.
- Process into a creamy paste texture.
- Transfer to a glass jar. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to use.