Easy, cheesy, and delicious is how I describe this dish – without the carb overload of course!
We won’t be using any rice, flour, or peas in this recipe. Just a small amount of xanthan gum, riced cauliflower, and broccoli for a bit of green. A pinch to make with leftover rotisserie chicken, and a family favorite without the guilt.
Keto Cheesy Chicken and “Rice” Casserole
4d Net Carbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 cup parsley plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add onion and bell pepper, sauté for two minutes. Add jalapeño and chopped garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add two cups of chicken broth and all the seasoning. Bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk in xanthan gum. Once the gravy saarts to thicken, add the heavy cream and the smoked Gouda and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the chicken, broccoli, parsley and cauliflower. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and browned on the top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet
Serving: 1/6 recipeFiber: 2.3gCalories: 267kcalFat: 17.3gProtein: 18.1gCarbohydrates: 6.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
4 thoughts on “Keto Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole”
Made this tonight and enjoyed it! I was wondering if I was supposed to top it with cheese? I ended up topping it with the other 1/2 cup of parmesan.
how much gouda? 1/2 cup? half a ball?
Hi, thanks, it’s 1/2 cup and I’ll correct the typo 😊
thank you 🙂