Easy, cheesy, and delicious is how I describe this dish – without the carb overload of course!
We won’t be using any rice, flour, or peas in this recipe. Just a small amount of xanthan gum, riced cauliflower, and broccoli for a bit of green. A pinch to make with leftover rotisserie chicken, and a family favorite without the guilt.
Keto Cheesy Chicken and “Rice” Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 cup parsley plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add onion and bell pepper, sauté for two minutes. Add jalapeño and chopped garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add two cups of chicken broth and all the seasoning. Bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Whisk in xanthan gum. Once the gravy saarts to thicken, add the heavy cream and the smoked Gouda and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in the chicken, broccoli, parsley and cauliflower. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and browned on the top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.