This short ribs recipe is so easy and delicious. Not using flour and wine cuts the carbs in this recipe to super low. Beef stock and herbs add a ton of flavor. The end result is tender meat that falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. I like to serve it with mashed cauliflower. This recipe is enough to feed a crowd, a great family meal. It freezes really well. Leftovers can be frozen in freezer bags for up to two months and make a great takeaway lunch.
Keto Braised Short Ribs, Gluten Free
2g Net Carbs
- 5 lbs beef short rib
- salt and pepper to season the ribs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups beef stock
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven and sear the ribs on all sides, in batches. 3-4 at a time so they don’t steam from over crowding the pot.
- Once all the ribs are seared, remove and discard the excess fat from the pot making sure to leave about a tablespoon.
- Add the onion,, bell pepper, & celery and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue for one more minute. Mix in the tomato paste, mustard, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the beef stock and bring to a boil. Taste and add salt if needed. Sprinkle the xanthan gum and whisk vigorously. Add the short ribs, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the lid and add all the herbs, cover and bake in the oven for 3 hours.
- Once cooked discard excess fat and bay leaves. garnish with fresh herbs and serve with mashed cauliflower.
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet
Serving: 1/8 reciprFiber: 0.9gCalories: 773kcalFat: 58.4gProtein: 60.4gCarbohydrates: 2.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!