Keto Bacon Cheddar Pierogies
7.8g Net Carbs
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups almond flour use the link below for the one i use
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast use the link below for the one i use
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb cauliflower boiled, chopped, & squeezed
- 6 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup onions
- 2 strips bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying
- sour cream for serving
- bacon bits and scallions for garnish
- Mix the mozzarella cheese and butter in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix. Put it back into the microwave and give it 1 more minute. Remove and mix well.
- Add the almond flour and nutritional yeast. Mix until it forms into a dough consistency.
- Add two eggs and mix well. Knead the dough with your hands for 2 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to two days.
- Chop the cauliflower and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and add into an ice bath.
- Add to a food processor and pulse a few times, just until roughly chopped.
- Place the chopped cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all the liquid. This is really important so the filling isn’t runny. So squeeze hard!
- Add the cauliflower, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Render two strips of chopped bacon, remove from the pan and add into the cauliflower mash, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the chopped onion into the pan with bacon grease and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the chopped garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add The sautéed onions & garlic into the cauliflower mash and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least and hour.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut circles out using a mason jar lid.
- Put about a tablespoon of filling and gently pinch the Pierogies to close.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a skillet and fry the Pierogies for two minutes per side.
- Garnish with bacon bits and scallions.
- Serve with sour cream.
Serving: 1/6Calories: 313kcalCarbohydrates: 10.5gProtein: 11.3gFat: 25.8gSaturated Fat: 12.7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 3.8gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 115.7mgSodium: 267.5mgFiber: 2.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!